The first month of the year is almost over, so I figured it was time to do a little recap:
- This is the first year the we all wrote out our resolutions and predictions for the year ahead. We put them in a jar and plan to open January 1st, 2018.
- We had a ping pong tournament with some friends, because we lost I am anxious for a rematch.
- We practiced using an Epi-Pen with the kids. Since they are going in different directions and are older, we figured it was time to go over what’s in the eli-pen bag.
- The boys got new “soccer” haircuts and look like little men.
- We played on the frozen pond for the first time since living here.
- We honored MLK by reading the whole “Who was Martin Luther King” book on our day off from school.
- We are still in love with Hamilton in this house. Bill and I got to go to the show in Chicago. It was a quick weekend, but we had a BLAST. Great to spend time with friends, my brothers, and watch Hamilton….which the kids and I listen to almost nightly while prepping dinner and doing homework.
- The kids got to be in a short clip about the Playhouse. They loved sharing their love for the theatre.
- And probably the BIGGEST news of the month… The boys passed their pecan challenge! We went to Bubba to celebrate and had pecan pie for dessert.